You will have a deep experience, understanding and appreciation for the importance of testing within the overall software delivery lifecycle, applying this both within your own testing and also in continually evolving and improving our overall testing practice.
You are passionate about technology and are enjoy working in a challenging, fast paced environment. You know that test is a crucial stage in the software development lifecycle and champion the benefits of solid test practices, promoting software quality at all stages of the project. You understand the need to follow process but know that you need to be flexible and pragmatic enough to complete the task at hand.
You take a level of pride in your work that is matched by your diligence and attention to detail which makes you confident in your own abilities whilst recognising and respecting the contribution of others. You add valuable insight and improvement suggestions within projects and the test team itself and embrace opportunities to grow and evolve as an individual for the benefit of yourself, our team and the company as a whole, passing these lessons on to your colleagues in due course.
- You take ownership of our test discipline, encompassing our Test Processes, Tools, Practices and Standards
- This includes continuous improvement of Test Processes, Tools, Practices and Standards – both within the test team itself but also within the wider context of the overall business (i.e. how test activity integrates with wider business and delivery activity)
- As a senior member of the test team, you provide visibility of the test overall “state of the nation” to senior management, raising issues and concerns (relating to within or outside of test) as appropriate
- Mentoring test team members
- You will maintain the Platform and Browser Default Support Policy, and ensure that our standards are regularly updated and that our device inventory is fit-for-purpose
- Using 3rd party tools to conduct non-functional testing, such as JMeter for performance testing, and experience checking for common security vulnerabilities such as the OWASP Top 10.
- You will maintain a fit-for-purpose device inventory that allows us to successfully test products in-line with the Platform and Browser Default Support Policy, raising any need for changes to the inventory as necessary
- You share your knowledge of good testing practice internally and externally, for example writing blogs which serve to show how we differentiate our self through commitment to quality
- Providing support and guidance for project teams regarding testing approaches, planning, scheduling and estimates
- You support and provide input to the Studio Manager, in the test resourcing and production management process
As a Senior Tester. you will:
- Review and analyse business, design and technical requirements documentation for testability and test case construction.
- Produce test plans designed to thoroughly interrogate software and demonstrate business conditions under test to agreed standards.
- Prepare and execute test scripts for system testing, encompassing scripted and ad-hoc methods, manual and automated, within the agreed processes and time scales.
- Record defects descriptively and accurately, managing through to final resolution.
- Provide estimates and feedback to the project team on test coverage, progress, defect status, time scales and overall product quality.
- Produce test summary reports.
- Provide feedback to the Project Manager on current project status.
- Conduct regular regression where applicable and maintain a high standard of regression scripts.
- Assist with queries from clients following software release.
- Take ownership for projects, establishing a level of knowledge to provide subject matter expertise, consultation and training.
- Willingness to travel to client sites.
Your Skills and Experience
- You are educated to degree level, or equivalent, in Computing or numerical subjects
- You have significant software testing experience
- You are ideally qualified in software testing (ISEB/ ISTQ)
- You have experience in leading a test team and mentoring team members
- You have a thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes, and ability to apply and continually improve these in practice
- You can demonstrate a real interest in new developments in the testing arena, and the ability to apply these back to our test practice
- You are experienced in testing large scale commercial websites, across desktop and mobile platforms
- You have significant experience of testing using an automated test tool such as Selenium in C#
- You have experience of creating automated test frameworks from scratch
- You are an experienced user of Visual Studio.
- Ideally you have used JIRA
- You have experience of using Zephyr (desirable)
- You have a deep understanding of the software development life cycle
- You can demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You are polite, patient and have an approachable manner
- You have a willingness to raise issues and concerns where appropriate, alongside raising positive experiences with colleagues to encourage continuous improvement
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- You have excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- You can react to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- You have a proactive approach to all aspects of work and especially personal development
- You have a commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work